Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Sunday Sessions

Music is a major part of my life. I can't do anything without music being on whether it be in the car, in the shower, at the gym...

Music is a powerful thing and in fact I used it to help me revise; certain songs for certain topics. It worked a treat, even if I did get shushed for humming from time to time! There are songs that when I hear them trigger memories, good and bad.

This is why I'm going to start the Sunday Sessions and share with you some of the songs I listen to whilst sewing away, making boardsocks.

This video (please excuse the quality-it was filmed on a camera) was taken in 2009 during the Quiksilver Pro in Hossegor in a little bar called Cream Cafe that sits behind the Dunes in Les Bourdaines. Ben Howard at that time was a little known guy who was there as he recorded music for Kelly Slater's surf film Cloud 9. Whilst Ben did a big live performance at the film's screening, he was a surprise performer at Cream Cafe's open mic night. So little known was Ben at that time that he was selling his first album for 5 Euros. I bought a copy which Ben signed whilst gushing that I wanted his autograph. Sadly the album has been misplaced by the boyfriend in a house move (he has been in the bad books for a year now for that...) but I thought I would share this video of one of my favourite songs.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment